Thursday, March 30, 2017

This is going to be a long one, so get ready!



Ok first I will share the great news that was just shared with me… the due date is extended until April 11th! Although this does change my schedule a bit, it takes a huge weight off of my shoulders due to all of the mistakes that I have found while editing. Which brings me to the bad news.
   First of all, I have stuck to my schedule and I edited for two hours yesterday. After editing, I realized that during the more emotional shots my cousin is hiding a smile, or the lighting changes dramatically. That means that I have to re-shoot a good portion of the film. Also, the voiceover that I am trying to have my cousin record is not living up to the vision that I want in my film. And the last issue I have is the news reporter voiceovers have not been filmed yet, I am a very shy person and I do not like asking adults for favors, but that is definitely something that I will need to get over in order to make this project as successful as possible. As you can see, I have a substantial amount of obstacles, but luckily with the time extension, I will be able to fix them.
    I have already scheduled a re-shoot day with my cousin on Sunday, and I am going to coach her. With the voiceover on Saturday, since she will be at my house for my father’s birthday. In relation to the news reporter voice overs, I will either be asking my youth group leaders on Friday, or some close family members who go to my dad’s birthday party on Saturday. Either way, I have made it a goal to get the remaining shots and sound effects this weekend in order to stay on schedule.
    Despite all of the challenges that I will have to overcome this weekend, I have made little victories in my editing process. I was able to find music that matched the mood I was going for perfectly. The best part was that it is royalty free music! Here is a link to the creator of the video, and a screenshot of the video and the rules stating that I am allowed to use the music for my project.
    Let's be real here, I have run into quite a few problems, more than I should have at this point in the project, however with the time extension and determination, I will fix the issues and do this project to the best of my abilities. Until next time!
Rules stating that I am allowed to use this music for my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment